Archimedean Upper Conservatory
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Archimedean Upper Conservatory is a public charter high school in Miami, Florida . Archimedean Upper Conservatory (AUC) is a member of Archimedean Schools. The Archimedean Schools are an independently managed, feeder-patterned K through 12 public- charter school system founded in 2002 by Archimedean Academy Inc., a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, sponsored by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.The Archimedean Schools consist of three high- performing conservatories focused on mathematics and the Greek language: Archimedean Academy (grades K-5), Archimedean Middle Conservatory (grades 6-8), both nationally recognized as Blue Ribbon schools 2011, and the 2012 AdvancED SACS-CASI Accredited Archimedean Upper Conservatory. The Archimedean Schools are Conservatories of Mathematics and the Greek Language.Their enhanced curriculum focuses in depth in: advanced mathematics in English and in Greek, advanced science (7-12) “Physics First” program, and Philosophy for Children (6-12) with selected themes and concepts in ethics, metaphysics and logic. Serving more than 1,140 multicultural, multilingual students, the Archimedean Schools have consistently ranked among the top-performing public and private schools in the county, the State of Florida and the nation. The mission statement of the schools are “to initiate the young mind into the art of thinking through the teaching of Mathematics and the Greek Language.
Archimedean Upper Conservatory is a Miami- Dade county public charter school funded by the State of Florida. It was established in 2008. Its students are chosen by lottery and pay no tuition. 46% of its students are below or at the poverty line, 50% receive free or reduced lunch, 70% minority, 75% are of Hispanic origin. AUC is designed to offer its students a disciplined, balanced, and joyful education of the highest quality to prepare them for a successful passage through the best universities and graduate schools of the world.
AUC represents one of the most innovative and successful high schools program in the American Public Education system.
It offers its students a dual language curriculum:
• The American Curriculum with core subjects in Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies & Science taught in English based on the Next Generation Sunshine Standards (NGSSS). AUC’s science curriculum is a “Physics First” program.
• The Greek curriculum in Mathematics and Greek Language is utilized as a “linguistic vehicle” in order to bring the students a European type of Mathematical curriculum as an enhancement to the standard American curriculum.
The Greek Language is used to guide the students’ minds through the ideas of Algebra, Geometry, Discrete Mathematics, Logic, and Physics as a complement to the standard Elementary Algebra/ Analysis/Calculus themes of the American curriculum as well as themes of Greek civilization and literature.
Archimedean Upper Conservatory and its students have consistently received several recognitions for their achievements.
For 2013-2014 some of the recognitions are as follows:
- Rank #16 in the nation for Most Challenging High Schools,(The Washington Post, April, 2015, https://apps.washingtonpost.com/local/highschoolchallenge/schools/2015/list/national/ ).
- Rank #19 in the nation for Most Challenging High Schools,(The Washington Post, April, 2014, mostchallenginghighschools2014 ).
- Rank #100 in the nation for Best High Schools,( US. News Best High Schools 2014, data based on 2011-2012 school year),  (2014 was the first year of eligibility for this ranking . Data based on graduating class of 2012).
- Rank #12# in Florida, ( US. News Best High Schools 2014), besthighschools2014 (First year of eligibility for this ranking. Data based on graduating class of 2012).
- Rank 24# National Charter High Schools, ( US. News Best High Schools 2014), besthighschools2014 (First year of eligibility for this ranking. Data based on graduating class of 2012).
- For SAT 2014-Juniors: average SAT 1820 (20 out 50 students with SAT score above 2000).
- 8.5% accepted in top-10 national Universities and Liberal Arts Colleges, graduating class of 2014.(University rankings are based on US. News Ranking 2014)
- 50% accepted in top-50 Universities and Liberal Arts Colleges of US, graduating class of 2014. (University rankings are based on US. News Ranking 2014).
- For Advanced Placement Exam 2014: 375 AP Exams taken with passing rate of 71%.
- 228 students, 70% Minority Students, more than 50% free and reduced lunch.
- Ranked #6th in Florida 2014 based on the combined mean scale scores FCAT Reading & EOC Geometry. (schooldigger.com based on FLDOE FCAT 2014 data).
- Top 99% in Florida in scores 2014, 1st in Miami-Dade County (Historical data)(schooldigger.com based on FLDOE FCAT 2014 data).
- Silver Medalists in State of Florida Science Olympiad, 2014.
- Florida School Grade A (throughout the school’s history, 2009-2014).
- Florida High Performance Charter School (throughout the school’s history, 2009-2014).
- Florida High School Model United Nation Debate 2014, Altamonte Springs: Outstanding Delegation Award.
- Greek Language Certification International Examinations 2014: 80% success rate.
For 2011-2013 some of the recognitions are as follows:
- AdvancedED SACS/CASI Accredited High School since June 2012.
- Best High School in Florida 2013.
- 27th Most Challenging High School in nation, (The Washington Post, 2013).
- 54th Best High School in nation, (Newsweek, 2013).
- 98% of the class of 2013 earned admission to a four-year college or university.
- 98% of the classes of 2012, and 2013, (64 students) were offered a total of more than $2,600,000 in scholarships.
- 18% of the class of 2013 was accepted by the top 10 universities in the nation.
- 50% of the class of 2013 was accepted by the top 100 universities in the nation.
- National Silver Medalists in S.E.C.M.E Robotics 2011 and 2012.
- National Science Olympiad Participants, 2012.
- National History Bowl and Bee Participants, 2011-2013.
- State Science Olympiad Silver Medalists, 2011, and 2012.
- Miami-Dade District Champions in Geography Bee, 2011 and 2012.
- Model United Nations, State Bronze Medalists, 2011.
- Fairchild Environmental Challenge, Regionals, Bronze Medalists, 2011.
References[ edit ]
- ^ besthighschools2014 Archived December 10, 2014, at the Wayback Machine .
- High schools in Miami-Dade County
- Public high schools in Florida
- Charter schools in Florida
- Webarchive template wayback links
- This page was last edited on 2 September 2017, at 05:59 (UTC).
- Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;
- About Wikipedia
- Contact Wikipedia
- Cookie statement
- Mobile view
2018-2019 High School Application Period Now Open
Written by Demetrios Demopoulos on .
Archimedean Upper Conservatory Continues Planting the Seeds of Wisdom, Opportunity, & Success … since 2008
Dear Prospective Students & Families,
Archimedean Upper Conservatory’s application period for enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year is open from Wednesday, November 1st, through Monday, January 15th. All parents interested in enrolling their child(ren) in the school should fill in and submit an application.
Applications should be filled online and can be found HERE (scroll at the bottom of the page).
There are three OPEN HOUSE PRESENTATIONS for all applicants and their families, on
- Wednesday, November 29th, at 6:30PM,
- Saturday, December 16th, at 9:30AM
- Wednesday, January 10th, at 6:30PM.
Attendance in one of the three offered Open House presentations is mandatory for the parents/guardians of each applicant.
Archimedean Upper Conservatory is a college preparatory high school with an advanced core curriculum and top ranked academic teams. Archimedean Upper Conservatory holds the BEST college placement record among all public (magnet, traditional, and charter) schools in Miami-Dade and is the ONLY high school in the district that is nationally recognized by all three major rankings (The Washington Post, U.S. News, Newsweek).
We are incredibly excited to see your interest in joining our family of schools and look forward to an amazing future of building wisdom and opening doors together.
While Refining Leadership & Rhetorical Skills, Archimedean Middle Conservatory Students Impress at this Year’s Miami-Dade Model United Nations Conference
Written by Lisa Ibarra-Rivera on .
Participating for a second year in the MDC MUN Conference, the twenty-five-student-strong Archimedean Middle Conservatory Model United Nations Debate Team receives five recognitions for excellence.
Archimedean Middle & Upper Conservatories Return to Miami from the South Florida Regional Science Olympiad with a Whopping Number of Trophies & Medals in Hand Ahead of this Saturday’s State-Level Competition
Written by Lisa Ibarra-Rivera on .
After facing 58 other middle and high school teams in the South Florida Regional Science Olympiad, Archimedean competitors once again defended their legacies as South Florida Science Olympiad powerhouses by bringing home an impressive three team trophies and a whopping 122 individual medals from the Regional Science Olympiad tournament last February, four of the six Archimedean teams now getting in their last few days of practice and preparations before representing Miami at the state-level competition in Central Florida this Saturday.
“Are YOU smarter than an Archimedean fifth grader?” Archimedean Academy Students Qualify to Compete in the Final Round of the Pi Math Contest in California
Written by Lisa Ibarra-Rivera on .
When an invitation to compete in a mathematics competitions came in, it is of no suprise that Archimedean students were more than eager to participate, 11 elementary students performing so well that they qualified as part of only 250 top candidates from various states across the entire country to compete in the national-level of the Pi Math Contest taking place in California this spring.
- A.U.C. Students Compete at M.I.T. as Preparation for Saturday’s Science Olympiad Regional Tournament in Florida
- 2017-2018 High School Application Period Now Open
- Greek Night 2016 Save the Date
- Brick – Fundraising Campaign
|THE ARCHIMEDEAN SCHOOLS’ MISSION STATEMENT|
|The mission of the Archimedean Schools is to initiate the young mind into the art of thinking through the teaching of Mathematics and the Greek Language.|
Η Αποστολή και ο Στόχος των Αρχιμηδείων Σχολείων είναι να μυήσουν τον νεαρό νου στην τέχνη του σκέπτεσθαι μέσω της διδασκαλίας των Μαθηματικών και της Ελληνικής Γλώσσας.
- Calendar of Events
- AMC Student Handbook
- AUC Cross Country 2018-19
- AUC Girls Volleyball 2018-19
- AMC Athletics Important Forms
- AUC Swimming 2018-19
- AUC Girls Basketball 2018-19
- AUC Boys Basketball 2018-19
- AMC Boys Soccer Spring 2017-18
- AMC Boys Basketball Spring 2017-18
- AMC Girls Volleyball Fall/Winter 2017-18